Tuesday, February 14, 2012


Valentines day was a holiday that I never got to see Tina 
share with a boyfriend or husband. I took it upon myself 
to take the place of the things she was missing, like a 
sweetheart on valentines day.  Every woman gets 
chocolates and flowers, I presumed. Brent had never 
missed a holiday, he makes sure I feel like the most special
girl in the world. I couldn't help but notice that Tina was 
being left out. I made sure I was always her valentine, 
she informed me that she had never felt like a true 
valentine. This fueled my fire in making her feel she 
was a valentine, and that she got to have a valentine.
 

She would always end
 up eating most of my
 chocolates and Brent
 had known this would
come to be, he bought me double chocolates so that I could share them with 
my tied for first valentine. She never wanted to be my second valentine and 
neither did Brent, we just ended up in an agreement that Tina and Brent always 
tied first. I really had nothing to do with this fight to be my number one 
valentine but I loved the attention. It was great fun, it is hard to find a best 
friend and a husband that agree instead of destroy. 


Brent respected the love that Tina and I shared and Tina respected Brent and I 
for the love we shared. Trust me there was never a dull moment when they would 
get into competition for my affection. It was easy for me, I knew how to be a 
double valentine although I had never done it before. Raspberry chocolates were 
Tina's favorite, this threw me for a loop because she hated artificial 
strawberry and watermelon flavors. The raspberry was so artificial yet it was 
her favorite. My favorite is the orange flavor. 

Raspberry was a stand out word for Tina, she said she had never heard anyone 
pronounce it the way I did. She had always heard "razzberry" typical of the 
average American but I pronounced it with its slight "p" sound instead of the 
"zz" sound. I never heard her pronounce it "razzberry" ever again. She respected 
the word just as I did and spoke "ras-p-berry" from then on. We knew that (raz- 
berē) was the proper way to say it but we often challenged things we disagreed 
with. 

 The pictures in this post are of Valentines day 2010,
 I remember Brent had got me those two huge boxes of
chocolates. I put one away and took the other to the 
table with me. Tina dived right in and we ended up eating 
the entire box. Several hours later Tina looked at me and 
said "I wish there were more chocolates". I decided to 
surprise her with the second box. We nearly ate all of 
them as well. We were wired for the entire night, however 
we both had a major sugar crash and ended up sleeping 
on this chair bed together for a good nap. Don't ask how 
we both fit but we did and napped together here many 
times


No comments:

Post a Comment